- Lease agreements
- Bounced checks
- Records of payment of any kind
- Records of the communication between you and your tenant (phone and email records).
- A copy of the written notice that you provided your tenant
- Dated proof that the tenant received the notice (a signature from the tenant, or receipt from the Post Office).
Please revise your specific state law for any additional requirements.
An Eviction Checklist Starting Point
There’s no way around it, eviction is always a painful process. It’s awkward, time consuming, not to mention the need to dig through your records, hoping you didn’t miss anything crucial. However, there are steps you can take to make it less painful.
This template is meant as a starting point to help you structure your workflows. Edit it for your specific organization and state laws.
- Tenant Move Out
- New Client (New Property to Manage)
- New Tenant (Tenant Move In)
- Apartment Turnover Maintenance Checklist
- Applicant Review (Tenant Screening)
- Annual Rental Property Inspection
- Tenant Move-in Checklist
- Tenant Move-out Checklist
- Property Inspection Checklist
- Maintenance Checklist
- Cleaning Checklist
- Tenant Screening Checklist
- Lease Agreement Checklist
- Rental Payment Checklist
- Security Deposit Checklist
- Tenant Eviction Checklist
- Pet Checklist